Hello dear friends, today I bring to you a guilt free peanut butter cookie recipe. All you peanut butter lovers can rejoice! These cookies are 4 simple ingredients and with all the flavor - Trust me, I wouldn't do peanut butter dirty like that.
I shared a picture of this cookie on my IG stories over the weekend when I baked them up as "keto pB cookies" and I got a crazy amount of DM's asking about the keto diet and if I joined that craze. In short, I'm not really on the keto train or any train for that matter. Because I'm consuming very few calories after my surgery, I'm generally eating a high protein low carb diet which falls within the keto realm. This means I generally stay from starches like pasta and bread, sugar (added or not- even refraining from a lot of fruit), and stick more to whole grains, healthy fats, and high protein snacks and foods. I try not to associate to a specific "diet" or "nutrition craze", because I feel it just produces unsustainable habits. Sometimes I'll have a small piece of buttercream cake or a couple spoonfuls of mashed potatoes. Obsessing with making something within the restrictions of a diet ensures short-term results before you get sick of it.
That being said, clocking in at only 1g of sugar per cookie, this recipe is certainly keto friendly and friendly to your waistline. Plus, they're dense and so peanut-buttery so you may only want a couple bites before you feel satisfied.
Couple notes about the ingredients:
- Make sure to use natural/organic peanut butter. I used Peter Pan's Natural honey-roasted peanut butter. It was a little naughtier than I would have normally gone, but it definitely altered the taste of the cookie.
- The recipe calls for erythritol to sweeten instead of other options like sugar, stevia, honey, or agave. It's my preferred sweetener for baking because it doesn't effect your blood sugar and is low carb. YOu can find it online or in the baking aisle at most grocery stores. It is a little pricier, BUT it sweetens 70% more than sugar so a little goes a long way.
- The recipe can be made without the almond flour, but it adds a little texture to the cookie so it doesn't feel like you're eating peanut butter out of the jar.
Without further or do... happy baking!
Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy, natural/organic, salted)
- 2/3 cup Erythritol Sweetener - 1/4 cup Almond Flour
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl. The dough will be thick but creamier than most cookie dough since it's primarily made of peanut butter.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper and non-stick spray
- Use an ice cream scoop to form 1 inch cookies and flatten them with a fork. They will not expand very much, so don't space them out too much.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges of the cookie are brown.
- Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.
Nutritional facts Per cookie:
Calories - 100
Fat - 8g
Carbs - 3.5g
Fiber - 1.5g
sugar - 1g
Protein - 4g
If you decide to bake these up, please share! I'd love to hear about your experience and feedback. :)